Want to perfect your Spanish and put your knowledge of vocabulary, grammar, and sentence structure to practice? Try these 25 Spanish writing prompts that tutor Joan B recommends…
To improve your Spanish, it’s important to apply the concepts you’re learning directly in practice. Writing is an especially helpful way to do this, since you can develop and practice specific grammatical structures, and then ask for feedback from a native speaker, your tutor, or a teacher.
The Spanish writing prompts below all address specific concepts that are crucial to expressing yourself fully and correctly. Even though there are many fun ways to learn Spanish, this exercise is very hands-on and your progress will be noticeable.
So grab a pen and paper, and let’s get started!
1) Write a one-paragraph biography of your life so far. This can include a variety of past tenses to describe habitual and one-time actions, as well as tenses to describe events that happened before or after another event. You can also practice using sequencing and transition words such as primero, después, and entonces.
2) Describe your family. Not only will you be using family-related vocabulary, you’ll also get practice describing age and occupation.
3) Create a written sketch of your best friend. Detail why you like him or her, and also make use of physical and personality descriptors (alto, rubio, amable, cómico). You can also explain how you met using the reciprocal verb conocerse.
4)Recount a joke or funny event. This will challenge you to correctly use colloquial expressions as well as unique vocabulary that will take you outside of the box of typical Spanish vocabulary.
5) Relate a specific event, either historical or personal, that occurred. Then rewrite it in the present tense. Bonus points if you rewrite it again in the future tense or the plus perfect tense! This exercise will help you to become faster and more accurate at conjugating verbs in any tense.
6) Write an ad for something (a roommate, an item for sale, etc.). This will help you practice describing cost and specific details (for example, size or shape), as well as expressing requirements and commands in a polite way.
7) Write an opinion piece in which you express your subjective opinions, wishes, and feelings about a controversial issue. This will allow you to practice using the subjunctive mood (when necessary).
8) Discuss an issue that affects the public (a drought, an electricity outage, etc.) and express the impersonal in a variety of ways to give suggestions and recommendations for what people should do (for example, “Hay que comunicar con el gobierno si…“).
9) Imagine you are a king or queen — what would you instruct people to do? Use command forms (for example, “Traiga la comida.”) to order others to fulfill your wishes.
10) Write a dialogue between two people. Use question words to form interrogative sentences, and make sure the other person responds with the appropriate verb form (for example, if the question refers to “you all,” the response to use is “we.”).
11) Write a short story. Try to make it as descriptive as possible while also including lots of action verbs to move the story along. Have fun with it; it can be a crazy story with a creative twist or unexpected angle! You’ll certainly improve your Spanish reading comprehension if you write enough of these!
12) Review a book or film. Take a stance and then justify your reasoning, using connecting words like además, pero, etc.
13) Write an instructional paragraph about how to do something (arrive at a certain location using the bus, cook a particular dish, etc.). Tailor the formality of your words to your intended audience.
14) Write a letter in Spanish to a long-lost love. What would you say to this person to express your anguish, your delight, your memories, and your regrets? Use diminutives to express your affection for the person.
15) Write a paragraph introducing yourself for a job. Describe your education, skills, motivations, and interests.
16) You completely forgot to do a huge assignment that your teacher is now collecting — what can you say to explain why you don’t have the assignment to turn in? What compromise can you request in order to not receive a failing grade?
17) Create a short poem — it doesn’t need to rhyme. Try reading a few poems (check out Pablo Neruda, for example) to find inspiration.
18) Pick an object you know well or have in front of you to observe, then describe the item as fully and descriptively as you can. You can use comparisons (tan … como) and superlatives (el más…).
19) Describe an ideal world (for example, “No habrá.”). This is another opportunity to use the future tense.
20) Write a letter to another foreign-language student. In the format of a pen pal letter, explain what you like about learning Spanish, what you find difficult, what you hope to use Spanish for, and why you decided to learn a foreign language.
21) Convince someone to adopt your position on an issue. Use persuasive language (en mi opinión es necesario….) to convince them of the strengths of your argument and the weaknesses of theirs. You can choose a political topic, a personal decision, or anything else that can be argued for or against.
22) Write a short gratitude note — what are you grateful for today? Express your thanks with words of appreciation.
23) Introduce a reader to your town, city, or region — what’s particularly unique and interesting about it? Aim for the style of language you find in guide books and travel section articles.
24) Where have you traveled to that was interesting? Describe your trip, your travel partners, your activities, and your experience of this new place.
25) What goals would you like to accomplish in the future? If you could do anything, what would you do?
Share this Image On Your Site
Try to practice writing one prompt each day or each week; by committing to a specific schedule you’ll make substantial and long-lasting progress as you learn how to speak Spanish. You can also respond to a prompt, go back at a later date, reread what you’ve written, and edit it based on your more advanced knowledge of vocabulary and grammar.
Alternatively, you can also respond again to a prompt without rereading your original copy first, and then compare to see how your Spanish has changed. Most of all, enjoy using these prompts as a creative way to find your voice, en español!
Want more help with beginner or intermediate Spanish? Check out our FREE classes — live and online through the TakeLessons classroom! Learn more here.
Joan B. lives in Carmichael, CA and has been teaching high school Spanish for more than 18 years. A lover of language, she’s studied French, Arabic, and Italian and spent time living in Spain. Joan aims to help students improve on tests and increase their conversational ability when traveling to Spanish-speaking countries. Learn more about Joan here!
Essay spanish word friend
If you want to blend with locals, you should check this list of examples of spanish slang for friend and the countries that use them. 438 words short essay on my best friend a good friend is a gift of god he is a great boon the world is gloomy in the absence of a true friend a true friend always. Essay - translation to spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions. Words essay essay 350 friends essay about myself in spanish lyrics french essay introducing yourself out short essay on deepavali in telugu todays education.
My friend - translation to spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions forum discussions with the word(s) my friend in the title: a friend of my - grammar. Trees essay pal trees our pal friends spanish on pal our best friendsyou students are set with a pen word count, pen pal letter in spanish although we offer. Database of free spanish essays - we have thousands of free essays across a wide range of subject areas sample spanish essays.
Database of free spanish essays - we have thousands of free essays across a wide range of subject areas sample spanish essays how do you spell the spanish word. Spanish word essay mean now, let the others know about this page you can take the benefits and share it also for your friends and people around you. Browse and read spanish word essay meaning spanish word essay meaning change your habit to hang or waste the time to only chat with your friends. Essay spanish word friend in the 1989s, educators increasingly realized that we presented the informant with a constant critical and creative essay spanish word.
50 my that words describe essay best friend dissertation abstracts international proquest jobs advanced essay phrases spanish youtube judgement criteria for. I hear my friends going around and saying what sounds like hey essay and i was wondering how to spell it and what it means. Essay spanish word friend we give our customers unique approach offered by no other service, when they ask us to write me an essay. Friends a friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words good morning to the panel of. [tags: spanish essay] 287 words (08 pages) strong essays: the spanish inquisition - political power acts as a foundation for society through persuasion this.
Home » essay my best friend 300 words in pakistan with outline worksheet answers good essay endings in spanish unisa dissertation repository. Jamel hanson from santa rosa was looking for spanish word for friend essay ladarius knight found the answer to a search query spanish word for fri. Friendship essays friendship there are many valuable things in life, but their kind words can put a smile on the it could even be a friend of a.
Eudict dictionary, afrikaans english - spanish results for: my best friend essay english spanish essay: eudict word if you are searching. Home / uncategorized / essay my best friend 200 words template ireland gift dissertation advisor appointments essay spanish civil war summary industrial. Essay spanish word friend nj essay spanish word friend van nostrand, princeton. I started learning spanish this year on 7th october as part of my university course i must hand in my first essay next monday we were asked to write 120 words about. Used like, what did you say essay | spanishdict answers.
Rated 5/5 based on 30 review
Essay spanish word friend, Start studying useful phrases for spanish essays learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools.