Allen, MC & Zuboff, T & Black, R 1994, 'Instructional designers in Australia: the state of play', Distance Education, vol. 16, no.1, pp. 26-34.
Binder, G 2009, Corporate governance in Arab countries: development of corporate governance in Arab and MENA countries, University of Vienna, Vienna.
Branford, A & Coutts, L 2015a, The precious ring, Walker Books Australia, Newtown, NSW.
Branford, A & Coutts, L 2015b, The wishing seed, Walker Books Australia, Newtown, NSW.
Buckley, R 2001, 'Presentation on the application of regulatory and voluntary instruments for sustainable tourism development in small islands', Island tourism in Asia and the Pacific: a report on WTO/UNEP international conference on sustainable tourism in the islands of the Asia-Pacific region, Sanya, Island of Hainan, China, 6-8 December 2000, World Tourism Organization, Madrid, pp. 46-64.
Gary, S 2010, 'Solar max sends journos spinning', Star Stuff, podcast, ABC Science, Sydney, NSW, accessed 31 August 2010,<http://www.abc.net.au/science/starstuff/>.
Grasswell, H (producer) 2011, The Gavin Larkin Story - Australian Story, television broadcast, 12 September 2011, Australian Broadcasting Service, viewed 17 October 2011, <search.informit.com.au.library.vu.edu.au/documentSummary;dn=TEX20113700853;res=TVNEWS>.
HealthInsite 2011, Complementary and alternative therapies, National Health Call Centre Network, viewed 14 September 2011, <http://www.healthinsite.gov.au/topics/Complementary and Alternative Therapies>.
James Hardie Industries NV v Australian Securities and Investments Commission (2010) 274 ALR 85.
McDonald, M & Payne, A 1996, Marketing planning for services, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford.
McDonald, M & Payne, A 2006, Marketing plans for service businesses: a complete guide, 2nd edn, Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford.
OpenOffice.org 2011, computer software, downloaded 17 October 2011, <http://www.openoffice.org>.
Standards Australia 2008, Personal floatation devices - General requirements, AS 4758.1-2008, viewed 17 October 2011, retrieved from Australian Standards Online.
Weinberg, RS & Gould, D 2011, Foundations of sport and exercise psychology, Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL.
Wilson, J 2009, 'In defence of the superficial', The Age, 26 September, A2, p. 23.
Wynne, BM 2003, Shark repellent system, US 6606963.
The basics of an in-text entry for personal communications:
- Author (communicator).
- Format description.
The Vice Chancellor's statement was confirmed during an interview (P Dawkins 2011, personal communication, 11 October).
During an interview conducted on 11 October 2011, Prof Peter Dawkins stated that …
- Personal Communications include private letters, memos, emails from unarchived sources, personal interviews, telephone conversations, and similar resources. As these sources do not provide recoverable data, Personal Communications are not included in the Reference List.
- Cite Personal Communications in-text only.
- Details can be provided in running text or in parentheses.
- In your in-text citation of a Personal Communication give the initials as well as the surname of the communicator, and provide as exact a date as possible.
- Note that the initials precede the family name in the parenthetical citation.
- Use your judgment in citing other electronic forms, like Twitter or SMS Texts, as Personal Communications. Remember that what you cite should have scholarly relevance.
- Refer to Multi-media materials in this guide for an example of citing a Twitter or Facebook post.